Accounting / Audit / Tax
Preferred Years of Experience
3 – 5 years
Aug 18, 2017
Greensprings School is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months to 18years.
At Greensprings, we encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Here at Greensprings Community, we place great value on character, moral education and most of all academic achievements.
We are goal-oriented and strive for continuous improvement in teaching and learning which makes us not only value academic success, but also encourage talents of all kinds whether in the arts, drama, music or sports.
Greensprings prides itself on the quality and breadth of its educational experience and the commitment of its remarkable mix of gifted and dedicated professionals.
At Greensprings, we are proud that our teachers are innovative, passionate and contribute effectively to the wider life of the Greensprings School Community which is why we only seek to employ the best and most qualified teachers into our school.
A male/female graduate with strong analytical skills, I.T skills, good numeracy skills and excellent interpersonal skills is required to fill in for the position of an Accounts Officer in a school at Ibeju-Lekki area.
- Reconciliation of bank account
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Reconciliation of head office current account
- Posting and reconciliation of customer payments to general ledger
- Monitoring of bank charges, interest charged on loans & overdrafts
- Confirmation of bank lodgments/transfers
- Debtors reconciliation
- Handling all bank activities
- Tax management including self assessment, returns filing, VAT and WHT administration
- Management of all vendors
- Assisting in month-end financial statement close
- Preparing monthly schedules to balance sheet and P&L ledgers
- Maintaining a filing system for all financial documents
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Preparation of amortization schedule for payment of services rendered i.e. rent, telephone, charges, etc.
- Other duties assigned by the School Accountant and the Chief Financial Officer
- Respond to customer enquiries
- Support financial statement audits
- Assist in month-end financial statement close
- B. Sc /H.N.D Accounting
- Professional Qualifications
- ICAN/ACCA in view
Relevant Work Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years experience as an Account Officer
- Required Competency and Work Skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to think rationally and logically