Applications are now available for the Fulbright South African Visiting Scholar or Research Program, and applications submission continues till October 1, 2017.
Applications are invited for Fulbright South African Visiting Scholar or Researcher Program in the USA for 2018-2019 academic year. South African citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply for this program.
‣ Fulbright scholarships will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross-cultural relations through international exchange.
‣ Applicants must have sufficient proficiency in the English language to carry out the project required.
Level: a visiting Research scholar program.
Field(s): all subjects
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | USA
Funded By: Fulbright Visiting Scholar or Researcher Program.
|‣ Scholarship covers: What does a Grant Include:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for Fulbright South African Visiting Scholar :
- ‣ Applicants must be South African citizens or permanent residents with the ability to hold a South African passport.
- ‣ Applicants must have a doctoral degree or equivalent professional/terminal degree at the time of application.
- ‣ Applicants must have sufficient proficiency in the English language to carry out the project required.
‣ Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a doctoral degree or equivalent professional/terminal degree at the time of application.
‣ English language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient proficiency in the English language to carry out the project required.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Access the application online:https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/30/
A completed application should:
- Be submitted online only, through the Embark system. No part can be submitted by post or email.
- Include fully-completed online application information with all the uploaded documents including a detailed CV.
- Include a well written research proposal with easily explained methodology that can be understood by a general reviewing committee as well.
- Include three confidential letters of reference. These letters must be uploaded by your referees through the online application system on Embark. (Guidelines on how to register your referees are on Embark). We will not accept any documents or letters of reference via email or post.
- A Letter of Invitation from a U.S. host institution is strongly encouraged but not required.
- Applicants are discouraged from requesting affiliation with an alma mater. CIES will honor institutional affiliation preferences as far as possible. Applicants unfamiliar with U.S. institutions may request that CIES identify suitable placements.
- Applicants should note that laboratory fees are not part of the standard benefits package for the African Research Scholar Program and are awarded on a limited, case-by-case basis, and only if funding is available.
Contact your nearest Fulbright Office with questions that are not answered online:
Cape Town: WilliamsKM@state.gov
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: October 1, 2017