The Asheshi University of Ghana is pleased to call for applications for the Ashesi University College MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program 2018/2019 – Ghana, only eligible persons that have applied for this program will be considered and all applications must be submitted before the deadline. Ashesi University College will be awarding significant financial support to qualified undergraduate students who need such assistance to pursue bachelors degree through a $13 million partnership with The MasterCard Foundation.
About the Award:
Typically, scholarships are awarded to students from low income and middle income families. Any family that cannot afford the full fees should complete a financial aid application form and return it with their admissions application. The Scholarship Committee will determine the amount of your award on the basis of demonstrated need and the strength of your application.
Level/Field of study:
The scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
The scholarship is hosted by the Ashesi University College, in Ghana
Scholarship is open to Ghanaian students.
This scholarship covers not only the full tuition, but also includes housing in Ashesi’s residence halls, meals on campus, a free laptop, spending money and annual trips home for international students after the second year.
Scholars at Ashesi represent some of the best and brightest students from across the African continent, and will receive a holistic education that includes:
- Comprehensive Scholarships: Students receive financial support for fees, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
- Life-long Skills: Scholars at Ashesi benefit from enrichment in skill areas relevant to success, such as critical thinking, communications, and entrepreneurship.
- Transition Support: Scholars will receive support during their transition into Ashesi, and the workforce, with mentoring, career counseling, internships and other life skills coaching.
- Give-Back Component: An integral component s the commitment to give back to their communities. Students will get to actively work on this through volunteer and community service opportunities.
- Career Opportunities : Since Ashesi’s inception, some 90% of our graduates have stayed to work and contribute to growth and development in Africa; over 95% our graduates receive job offers within months of graduation.
- A Global Alumni Network: Graduates of the Programme will be connected through a network that offers information, resources, and opportunities to learn from other scholars and Ashesi graduates around the world.
The number of offers is not specified.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- must have applied and received unconditional offer into the host university
- scholarships are awarded to students from low income and middle income families. Any family that cannot afford the full fees should complete a financial aid application form and submit it with their admissions application.
- The Scholarship Committee will determine the amount of your award on the basis of demonstrated need and the strength of your application.
(However, if you would prefer to fill a paper application, download the forms below)
Submit your Completed Forms:
Ashesi University College
PMB CT3, Cantonments,
Scan completed application and email to: email@example.com
Ashesi University College,
1 University Avenue,
Deadline for this scholarship is
- Early Deadline: 29th March 2018
- Regular Deadline: 28th June 2018
Important Note: The admissions office can only process your application upon receipt of the proof of payment. The university is not liable for payments transferred into the wrong account or those which may not, due to bank error, reflect in Ashesi’s bank account.
We also recommend other scholarship opportunities.