Are you interested in media, youth empowerment and storytelling? Are you based in or interested in the Middle East and North Africa? Do you want to build a network and work on projects connecting young media makers from Europe and the MENA region? Then work with us! We are looking for new voluntary members to strengthen our team!
The Middle East and North Africa Committee (MENAC) is a working committee of the European Youth Press. As a committee we focus on promoting intercultural dialogue and learning, building networks and partnerships to improve the contextual understanding between Europe, the Middle East and North Africa by bringing together young media makers from their respective regions.
By doing this, we hope to challenge dominant perspectives and dismantle prejudice between these regions and create a better understanding of all complexities involved.
How? MENAC organises projects for young media makers from Europe and the MENA region to create a sustainable network for young journalists.
After a short transition and internal restructuring, we want to bring more stories, organise at least one training opportunity and build a stronger network with old and new partnerships in 2018. But to do this we need you!
We are looking for 2-4 new team members with different interests and background:
Project management: Writing project proposals, budget calculation and looking for funding application. Organising trainings and logistics.
Networking: Building sustainable partnerships with non-profit organisations and different media channels through Europe and the MENA region.
Storytelling and communication: Knowing how to build a (multimedia) story and how to bring it to our followers. Writing newsletters, managing our social media accounts. Look for and share in-depth stories on the MENA region and possible contributors to our own news site and blog.
- lived/worked in the MENA region or a strong academic background of it
- have experience in journalism/media and/or NGO work
- speak and write English fluently, knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
- are able to commit at least 5 hours per week to the committee for a longer period of time on a voluntary basis
- are aged between 20-35
We offer you
- valuable international experience in project management
- to share your work and stories to a larger audience
- work in a culturally diverse team
- an open and creative work environment where you can bring your own ideas and suggestions
- the opportunity to build a network
- the opportunity to take part in conferences and trainings on behalf of MENAC and the EYP network
We welcome applicants of any ethnicity, religion or gender from Europe and the MENA region. Everyone is welcome to apply, but currently we are hoping to diversify our team with more members from the MENA region.
How to apply?
If you would like to be part of our team please send your CV and a concise motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org until 31st of March 23:59 CET. Please address in your motivation letter why you would like to become a part of MENAC and which tasks you would prefer to focus on.