Applications are currently on submission for the Chateaubriand Fellowship in Humanities and Social Sciences in France 2018/2019 eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program.
HSS Chateaubriand is a Chateaubriand Fellowship program offered by the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the US. It targets outstanding Ph.D. students from American universities who seek to engage in research in France, in any discipline of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Level: Fellowship is available for PhD students to engage in research in France
Field(s): any discipline of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Scholarship covers: HSS Chateaubriand fellows receive:
- A monthly stipend of 1500 €
- Health insurance for the entire duration of the fellowship
- a round-trip ticket to France with welcome package.
School(Institutions/ Country): | France
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chateaubriand Fellowship is targeted for Candidates who are non U.S. citizens, but they must be enrolled in an American university. However, French citizens are not eligible to apply
Have what it takes to avail Chateaubriand Fellowship ?
- Candidates must be currently working on their Ph.D.
- Candidates do not have to be U.S. citizens, but they must be enrolled in an American university. However, French citizens are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must obtain a letter of recommendation from their advisor(s) in the U.S., as well as a letter of invitation from a professor affiliated with a French university or research institution. Please be in touch with your supervisor in France as early as possible.
- The history of the research relationship will be taken into account in the review process.
Scholarship Application Method
|In order to access and complete the electronic application, please follow the steps below.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due before January 16, 2018. For projects related to Earth System Science, Climate Change and Sustainability, and Energy Transition, visit the Make Our Planet Great Initiative page.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.