Applications are invited for Czech Government Scholarships available for foreign nationals from developing countries to pursue Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral degree program at public universities in the Czech Republic. The application deadline is September 30.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals.
The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need.
A limited number of scholarships are also offered to applicants from selected developing countries through UNESCO.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral studies/Language and preparatory studies at public universities in the Czech Republic.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Economics, Agriculture, Informatics, Environment, and Energetics at public universities in the Czech Republic.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic. The scholarship amount is regularly amended. Currently the amount paid to students on a follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month. The above scholarship amount includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs. Costs of accommodation, food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic. Should health services exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover them at his/her own cost.
- Number of Scholarships: Various
- Nationality: Foreign nationals from developing countries
- Scholarship can be taken in the Czech Republic
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Czech Government Scholarships are available for foreign nationals from developing countries. A limited number of scholarships are also offered to applicants from selected developing countries through UNESCO.
- Entrance Requirements:
- The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, be granted this type of scholarship. Furthermore, the scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
- In Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral Study Programmes plus one-year Preparatory Course of the English language (Which is combined with other field-specific training): Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree courses, as applicable, Who can Enroll only in Study Programmes in which instruction is given in the English language. Depending on the subject area, Applicants are normally required to sit entrance Examinations at the higher education institution Concerned. Successful passing of Entrance examination constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award; or
- In follow-up study Programmes Master or Doctoral Study Programmes: Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master Study Programmes, respectively, Enroll in the WHO study Programmes with instruction in the English language.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: All applicants shall fill in the electronic application form available on the website stated in Chapter 2 and successfully register (i.e. obtain an application identification number upon sending a completed application form to the pertinent authority electronically). Nominated applicants shall also submit a printed “Application Form for a Scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic”, which has to meet the requirements stated below:
It shall be filled in using the Roman alphabet, if possible in English or in Czech;
The assigned application identification number shall be stated in the upper right corner;
A photo (45 mm x 35 mm) shall be printed or glued in the designated place;
All boxes shall be completely and truthfully filled in pursuant to the instructions for each box;
The applicant shall pay special attention to the content of a box entitled “Motivational Letter” in which s/he shall briefly describe his/her expectations in terms of future studies, the practical application of the learning and the benefit for the country that has nominated him/her;
A printed copy of the application form shall be signed by the applicant in his/her own hand.