African scholars are currently been invited to hurry ad apply for the DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region African Doctoral Scholarships 2018, applicants are reminded to ensure that they comply with all the criteria for this program to avoid disqualification of any sort
About RUFORUM/DAAD awards
Fields of Study:
The call is open to students who are interested/ registered in the following programmes:
- PhD in Life Sciences at Nelson Mandela African Institution of Sciences and Technology – Tanzania (2 in-region)
- PhD in Food Science and Nutrition at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology – Kenya (1 in-region & 1 in-country)
- PhD in Plant Breeding & Biotechnology – Makerere University, Uganda(1 in-region & 1 in-country);
- PhD Agricultural and Rural Innovations at Makerere University, Uganda (1 in-region & 1 in- country)
- Applications are invited from qualified candidates in relevant disciplines (the last university degree (MSc) must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application) from Sub Saharan Africa.
- Female applicants, candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- It is important to note that applicants with other funding sources for their PhD programmes will not be considered for the DAAD/RUFORUM scholarships.
How to Apply:
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified copies of all university transcripts
- At least temporary admission letter including fee structure of respective course (original or certified copy only), or an official letter assuring admission
- A Ph.D. research proposal (which must demonstrate relevance to development (the sections should include research area (background, rationale, objectives of the proposed research, proposed Methodology, and expected Results) and a detailed work plan (10 to 15 pages); plagiarism will be checked by DAAD!
- An abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal)
- A recommendation letter by head of department indicating that you are a member or prospective member of staff and how you will be integrated into the staff development agenda of the university.
- Confirmation of study leave from your university (if applicable)
- Confirmation of teaching release (university staff members only)
- A letter from the applicant confirming availability to start PhD studies in September 2018 at the host university
Updates on application deadline will be communicated shortly, please stay tuned