The new Lester B. Pearson International scholarship Program is now available on offer at the University of Toronto in Canada. Students from around the world are eligible to apply to pursue the undergraduate program.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school.
The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the grounds that surround Queen’s Park. It was founded by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in the colony of Upper Canada.
Area/Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme in Any field offered by the university.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Scholarship Award: The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Number of Scholarships: Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
- an international student
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently, in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2017
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered)
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the university’s English Language Requirement.
How to Apply: To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2018 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Selection Procedure: On the basis of application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually. These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Application Deadline: School Nomination deadline: November 30, 2017; Student Application deadline: January 15, 2018.