Applications are currently submitted for the Fully-funded Shell SNEPCo Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students to study in UK 2018-2019 academic session. Applicants to to satisfactorily meet up with the eligibility criteria so as to ensure qualification for this program.
What you need to know about shell snepco scholarship:
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) announces its first Postgraduate Scholarship programme for Nigerians. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in
courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
SNEPCo, in partnership with three universities, namely the University of Birmingham, Newcastle University and University of Plymouth, will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc, studies for the academic year commencing September 2018.
Fields of Study:
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
- University of Birmingham: M.Sc Geotechnical Engineering
- Newcastle University: M.Sc Geotechnical Engineering
- University of Plymouth: M.Sc Hydography
Value of Scholarship:
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Meet the University’s English language requirements (usually at least 65 in IELTS, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element, or a minimum of C6 grade in English Language in SSCE (WAEC/NECO), or equivalent TOEFL, score valid for Sept 2018 admission)
- Be aged below 28 years by 30/09/2018
- Possess a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum Not hove studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a valid Nigerian passport valid to December, 2018
- Be neither current nor former employees (who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the Nigerian Consultant;
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the Nigerian Consultant
- Be of Nigerian nationality (proof of this will be required)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Be prepared to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study.
How to Apply:
- Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission.
- Universities will process applications and endorse eligible candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than 30th June 2018.
Follow the links below to reach participating universities:
Award Provider: Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo)
Important Notes: Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only