Heriott Watt university is glad to announce its Heriot-Watt Undergraduate Overseas Scholarships for international students to pursue undergraduate studies in the university.
Heriot-Watt University offer a range of different scholarship programmes for international students to help 100% cover tuition fees or living costs. International (non-EU) applicants holding an offer for an eligible Undergraduate Degree Programme are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
As a University internationally recognised for excellence in teaching and research, Heriot-Watt seeks and attracts a high number of very high-achieving students. The Heriot-Watt Academic Scholarship seeks to encourage and reward talent and hard work.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
Heriot-Watt University is a public university based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was established in 1821 as the world’s first mechanics’ institute. It has campuses in the Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai, and Putrajaya in Malaysia.
The Dubai campus was the first university campus from a UK university to be set up in Dubai International Academic City and has since expanded to take double the number of students. Students are offered inter-campus transfers if they wish to study abroad for a period of time as well as transfers through the Erasmus programme.
Heriot-Watt is one of the world’s leading universities with strong links to international business and industry driven by our established reputation as a top research-led institution. With a rich heritage stretching back to 1821, we are a truly global university bringing together scholars who are leaders in ideas and solutions delivering innovation, educational excellence and ground-breaking research.
Heriot watt university ranking
Heriot-Watt University is consistently ranked at a high level across a number of key university league tables.
From our research performance to student satisfaction, graduate employability and the quality of our teaching, Heriot-Watt’s status as a world-class university is independently confirmed.
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings use 13 performance indicators to examine universities across all of their core missions – teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
- Ranked in the top 400 universities worldwide (351-400).
- Heriot-Watt is ranked 41st in the world, 15th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland for our international outlook, a score based on the percentage of the university’s international staff, the level of international co-authorship of academic papers and the percentage of international students studying with the University.
Heriot watt university acceptance rate
REF 2014 named Heriot-Watt in the top 25% of UK universities, with 82% of our research ranked as world-leading or internationally excellent. They ranked 9th university in the UK and 1st in Scotland for research impact.
DO YOU KNOW?
As of February 2017, approximately 13,700 student are enrolled at one of Heriot-Watt’s campuses: 66.6% in Scotland, 24.2% in Dubai and 9.2% in Malaysia. In the Scotland campus, the university has a female:male ratio of 41:59.
There are six different schools at Heriot-Watt University. These are:
- The School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society
- The School of Life Sciences
- The School of Management and Languages
- The School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- The School of Textiles and Design
- Edinburgh Business School
What You Need To Know About The Heriot-Watt Undergraduate Overseas Scholarships
Heriot-Watt is globally recognized for pioneering research and innovation, changing the world and transforming lives. Our research focuses on real world issues and we are ranked in the top 10 in the UK for industry income. hence this scholarship is looking out for the best students who can meet the criteria listed below.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is open to undergraduate students to study in any of the schools in the university listed above.
The scholarship is to be taken in U.K at the Heriot-Watt university.
This scholarship is open to International (non-EU) applicants holding an offer for an eligible Undergraduate Degree Programme.
Heriot-Watt University is continuing its new Scholarship Programme, for 2018/19 entry, for overseas (non-EU) applicants to eligible Undergraduate degree programmes.
Successful Scholarships will benefit from a fee reduction in one of three categories:
- Heriot-Watt Merit Scholarships – 25% reduction
- Heriot-Watt Excellence Scholarships – 50% reduction
- Heriot-Watt Distinction Scholarships – 100% reduction (maximum of FIVE Scholarships in total)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP????
Heriot-Watt Undergraduate Overseas Scholarships Eligibility
- Overseas (non-EU applicants) to eligible Undergraduate degree programmes.
- Criteria is based on academic merit, but financial need will be taken into consideration for the higher value scholarships.
- Applicants must have an offer of a place to study with Heriot-Watt University in the UK.
To study at this university, you have to speak English. To test your English language proficiency schedule an IELTS test.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR Heriot-Watt Undergraduate Overseas Scholarships??
Once you have an offer of a place in the UK (on-Campus), visit the Application Portal, which is now open for applications. Please complete the correct application form by the deadline .Distance Learning Programmes are not eligible for these scholarships.
Heriot-Watt Undergraduate Overseas Scholarships APPLICATION DEADLINE.
This application is closed as at the time of this article please do follow the official link below to find out the new date , since the scholarship is an annual scholarship for undergraduate students in the university.
Top reasons to study here
- Truly Global: Voted the International University of the Year by The Times University Guide 2018, Heriot-Watt has five campuses in the UK, Dubai and Malaysia.
- Careers-focused courses and highly employable students: 90% of Heriot-Watt students go into employment or further study within six months of graduation.
- World-leading research: Excellent facilities, highly rated teaching and world-leading research provide an exceptional learning and teaching environment.