Jamia Millia Islamia university (JMI) is glad to announce its Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2018.This scholarship is provided to undergraduate and postgraduate students to take a full time regular courses offered by Jamia Millia Islamia university from economically weak families.
Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship is granted by Vice Chancellor from ‘Central Scholarship Fund’.
Female student will be given preference so at least 50% of the total number of Dr. A.P. J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship will be available for female students. The Scholarship will be available for 75 students in the current academic year.
Under this scheme gross fee by JMI will be reimbursed to the student subject to the maximum limit of Rs. 10,000 per student per annum. This scheme will not be available for students of self-finance courses.
The Scholarship for which application is to be made for particular year will be tenable from the concerned academic year. Scholarship will be given for one academic year, which may be extended to the subsequent year subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct; however, student has to apply afresh for continuation of the scholarship.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR:
Jamia Millia Islamia is a public central university in Delhi. It was established during British rule in 1920. It became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988.Sir Sarwar Jung of Delhi designed the University. Jamia Millia Islamia, is an “A” grade Central University accredited by NAAC and one of the top most varsity in the country.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. A career scientist turned statesman, Kalam was born and raised in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, and studied physics and aerospace engineering. this scholarship was named after him as a recognition to his contribution to the countries education system. APJ Abdul Kalam is also known as the Missile man of India.
Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University conducts entrance exams in order to shortlist aspirants for admission in courses offered in streams such as – Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Hospitality & Travel, Animation, Mass Communication, Humanities & Social Sciences, Commerce as well as Teaching & Education.
Jamia Millia Islamia entrance exam dates for admission in different undergraduate and postgraduate courses
What You Need To Know About The Abdul kalam scholarship 2018
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
This scholarship is available for both undergraduates and postgraduates students to study any course in the university.
The scholarship is to be taken in Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University in New Delhi.
scholarship is open to Indian nationals to further their education.
All applicants will be awarded cash benefits to enable them forward their education and reduce the burden of paying the tuition fee.
Eligibility Criteria For The Abdul kalam scholarship 2018:
Candidates must be
- Citizens of India
- Bonafide student of Jamia Millia Islamia’s under-graduate/ post-graduate regular course and bearing good conduct
- Applicant must have at least 75% of attendance
- Candidates must have passed either class XII examination OR undergraduate degree to be eligible for the scholarship
- Candidates must be from economically weak family whose income should not be more than Rs.2.0 Lac (Rs. Two Lacs only) per annum
- 50% of the scholarship will be reserved for female students of Jamia Millia Islamia
- The students, who have been awarded Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship by the University, are entitled to receive stipend or any financial assistance from any other source. However, if the student is awarded any stipend or financial assistance from any other source, he/she shall immediately communicate the same to Dean, Students’ Welfare (DSW).
How to apply Abdul kalam scholarship 2018
Application forms may be collected from and submitted in the of fice of the Dean, Students’ W elfare, (Dr . M. A. Ansari Auditorium, Gate No. 13) by last date. Kindly submit all the necessary documents with the application form. Forms can also be downloaded from the University website
Eligible students of Jamia Millia Islamia are invited to apply for the scholarship in the prescribed format along with attested copies of the following documents:
- School-leaving certificate as evidence of age;
- Identity card issued by the University;
- Family/Parent’s Income Certificate issued by the competent authority;
- Death certificate of Mother/Father (in death cases);
- A write up on justification for getting scholarship (not more than 300 words);
- Application is to be forwarded by the Dean of Faculty/ Head of Department/ Director of Centre;
- Mark-sheet of last examination passed;
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Fax: +91(11)2698 0229