At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Job Title: Associate Product Marketing Manager, Google Play and Android
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.As an Associate Product Marketing Manager for Google Play and Android, you will be a relationship driven self starter, able to work with diverse partners from carriers and OEMs to App and Games developers. You’ll deliver campaigns that drive usage of Google Play and support our cross-functional teams to build scaled approaches to engage Android partners in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop marketing plans for Google Play in SSA and execute campaigns to drive usage of Games and Apps.
- Work with the Business Development team to co-market with games developers and YouTube influencers in SSA.
- Manage the distribution of secure Android devices through partnerships and the expansion of Android One in SSA.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in product marketing and product messaging/positioning.
- Experience of working closely with partners and understanding businesses to drive mutual value.
- Experience working with direct response and acquisition campaigns.
- Experience managing partnerships.
- Understanding of the mobile industry and Google/Android’s positioning.
- Ability to manage and coordinate projects that span multiple locations
- Excellent problem solving, written and oral communication skills, with organizational and proven quantitative and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply