Applications are currently ongoing for Jiangsu University of Science and Technology (JUST) Scholarships Programme for International students in China. Scholarships are available to non-chinese students pursuing undergraduate, master and doctoral degree programme in the university. The aim of the scholarship of to provide financial help to international students.
What you should know about JUST
Jiangsu University is a high ranking and prestigious doctoral research university in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province. JSU has been promoting high-level research. JSU gives priorities to the internationalization of the schooling, encouraging faculty members and students to go abroad for further studies, inviting more global talents to join us for mutual benefits, promoting international research collaboration as well as recruiting more overseas students.
Jiangsu University of Science and Technology (JUST) has a history dating back to the year of 1866 when the Fujian Shipping and Polity School was founded. In 1952, the first secondary technical school of shipbuilding in P.R. China was set up in Shanghai by the Shipping Bureau of Ministry of Industrial Machinery. In August of 1953, after the incorporation of courses of Shipbuilding, Machinery and Marine Engineering from some vocational schools in Shanghai and Fujian, the Shanghai Shipbuilding Industry School officially started to recruit students.
In 1970, the School was relocated to Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province. In 1978 and 1993, the University was upgraded to undergraduate-level higher educational institution and was renamed twice, respectively called as Zhenjiang Shipbuilding Institute and East China Shipbuilding Institute.
Now the University is a Higher Educational Institution affiliated to Jiangsu Province. In 2012, the University was co-constructed by Jiangsu Provincial Government, China State Shipbuilding Cooperation and China Shipbuilding Industry Cooperation. And in 2016, JUST was jointly constructed by Jiangsu Provincial Government and State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense. In 2018, JUST is placed 198th in Wu Shulian Chinese University Ranking and 187th in China’s Best University Ranking.
JUST now is an engineering-oriented university with distinctive characteristics which has formed a well-established talent training system of bachelor, master and doctoral degree levels. It is now one of the key construction universities of Jiangsu Province and is a university of recognized excellence by the Ministry of Education of China.
Located in the famous historical and cultural city of Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, China, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology (JUST) has a history of 80 years. We are a university of engineering characterized by shipbuilding and sericulture with 25,000 students.
Level/Field of study:
The Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate, master and doctoral degree programme in the fields of study in the following programs delivered in English are listed below:
Bachelor Degree programs:
Computer Science and Technology/Electrical Engineering and Automation/Energy and Power and Marine Engineering/Civil Engineering/Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering/Bachelor of Business Administration in Chinese and English/English Literature/Applied Chemistry
Masters Degree Programs
Computer Science and Technology/Information Communication Engineering/Control Science and Engineering/Marine Engineering, Heating and Ventilation Power Engineering/Design and Manufacture of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure/Linguistics and Applied Linguistics in Foreign Language/Civil Engineering/Chemical Engineering and Technology/Material Science and Engineering/Special Economic Animal Rearing Biology
PhD Degree Programs
Special Economic Animal Rearing Biology/Material Science and Engineering/Design and Manufacture of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure
The scholarship is hosted by the countries where the institutions are situated.
JUST Scholarship Programme in China is open to Non-Chinese students from around the world.
These opportunities has value that includes the following categories;
Jasmine Scholarship:30,000-50,000 CNY; Jasmine TSP Program: 10,000+Full Scholarship
JUST Scholarship for:
- Bachelor: 7,000 CNY /Y+ Accommodation Fee;
- Master: 9,000 CNY/Y + Tuition+ Accommodation Fee;
- PhD: 12,000 CNY/Y+ Tuition+ Accommodation Fee;
Academic Scholarship for Undergraduates (Based on the GPA ranking of previous academic year); Top:
- 5%: 8,000CNY/Y
- 6%-15%: 6,000CNY/Y
- 16%-35%: 4,000CNY/Y
- 36%-75%: 2,000CNY/Y
The number of offers differs according to the different scholarships.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- A foreign passport holder, healthy, obedient to Chinese law and regulations of JUST.
- Bachelor program applicants should hold a high school diploma and normally should be less than 25 years old;
- Master program applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree and normally should be less than 40 years old;
- Doctorate program applicants should hold a master degree and normally should be less than 45 years old.
- The requirement of language proficiency for applicants of English programs is as follows: TOEFL 550 (IBT 80) or IELTS 5.5. Applicants of Chinese programs should have recent HSK Level 4 certificate or HSK Junior-C certificate.
Applications to all programs should be ONLY done online through JUST “Online Application System
- Register your account and activate it.
- Fill out the application and upload your authentic documents as required.
- Submit the application and save your application number.
- Check your admission status online regularly.
- You will receive your Admission Notice through e-mail after successful evaluation.
- Read your Admission Notice and pay the fees listed in the Admission Notice provided by the School of Overseas Education of JUST.
- Upload the remittance receipt to JUST “Online Application System”.
- Receive originals of Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) by post.
How is the Admission process conducted
Decision of Admission will be made upon application materials and applicants’ performance in evaluation.
Documents of admission will be sent before June 30, 2018. With the JUST International Student Admission Notice and JW202 Form, admitted students should go to the Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for entry visa (X status visa) to China.
For those who used to study in other Chinese universities, a statement of graduation or certificate from the current university should be provided.
What are the required Application Materials
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- English or Chinese proficiency certificate.
- Photocopy of passport and a photo of a passport size.
- Undergraduate applicants, education level diploma, for applicants who are still fresh graduates, certificate of graduation is necessary.
- Graduate applicants, a copy of undergraduate transcript and Bachelor Degree Certificate, two recommendation letters from different referees at least an associate professor (or other equivalent titles).
- Doctorate program applicants, copy of graduate transcript and Master Degree Certificate, two recommendation letters from two different professors, and research proposal for doctorate study in China.
- Self-financed international students should name a trustee in China and provide a financial guarantee.