Applications are offered for Ph.D. students for Kenya DAAD Postgraduate Training Program for the academic year 2018/2019. Only Eligible applicants whom have shown interest through application will be considered for this program
The Kenya Vision 2030 policy document recommends investment in Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) in priority key sectors. One such area involves capacity building in the universities through advanced training of personnel.
The programme will offer twenty-one (21) PhD vacancies to eligible academic personnel teaching in Kenyan universities (both public and private) for a duration of up to forty-five (45) months (exclusive six (6) months German language course) at a German university.
Value of Award:
- 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money
- co-financed monthly scholarship instalment
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- study and research allowance
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
Eligible Countries: Kenya
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidate must:
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Kenya;
- Be teaching (full or part-time) in Kenyan universities (both public and private);
- Should have obtained the Master’s degree preferably within the past 6 years (date of graduation);
- Be willing to undertake a six (6) months German language course.
How to Apply: The following documents must be prepared for the online application:
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae)
- Abstract of one page, research proposal (not more than 10 – 15 pages) including detailed timetable; academic degree certificates and transcripts, whereby the Bachelor’s degree must have been passed with at least second class upper division and a Masters degree with at least a B+ grade (or equivalent).
Invitation letter from a German supervisor OR admission letter to a structured PhD programme at a German university
- Two academic reference letters from university professors (forms provided in the online portal below)
- A no objection Letter from the university, indicating the prospective function of the applicant within the university after return to Kenya and a commitment by the University to the job security of the applicant till the period of return (those on who qualify will be required to produce the Bonding document).
Application Deadline: 31st October 2017
Award Providers: DAAD