Entries are currently ongoing for the NorthCap University 1st International Essay Writing Competition. The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their 5/ 3 Year LLB Course / LL.M./ M.Phil./ PhD/ or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the world.
Quality of environment determines the quality of life. The clean environment helps in enriching the quality of life. In the past few decades’ awareness of the damaging effects of environmental pollution on human beings and their quality of life has increased dramatically. In the hustle-bustle of life, man has almost forgotten nature and has become more and more modernized with the aid of latest scientific and technological developments. At its core, environmental justice is about incorporating environmental issues into the broader intellectual and institutional framework of human rights and democratic accountability. The term necessarily encompasses the widest possible definition of what is considered “environmental” and is unrepentantly anthropocentric in its orientation placing people, rather than flora and fauna, at the centre of a complex web of social, economic, political, and environmental relationships. Most important, it concerns itself primarily with the environmental injustices of these relationships, and the ways and means of rectifying these wrongs and/or avoiding them in the future.
Environmental Justice: Contemporary Issues in International and National Perspective
- Environmental Democracy and Access Rights
- Sustainable Development and Disaster Management
- Legal and Human Right Perspective on Environmental Justice
- Environmental Justice and Basic needs
- International Initiatives towards Environment Protection
- Role of Supreme Court and Environmental Justice in India
- National Green Tribunal and Environment Protection
- E-waste Management and Environment
- Environmental Democracy and Social Justice
- Challenges to Environmental Democracy
- Environmental Justice and Accountability
The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their 5/ 3 Year LLB Course / LL.M./ M.Phil./ PhD/ or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the world.
First Prize- Rs 10,000
Second Prize-Rs 7,500
Certificate of merit will also be issued to the winners. Certificate of participation will be given to every participant of the Essay Writing Competition.
- Framework of Essay
- Understanding of Legal Issues
- Quality of Analysis
- Quality of Research
- Suggestions & Recommendations
- Uniformity in Footnoting style
Last date for the payment of Registration Fees October 20, 2017
Last Date of Submission of Essay October 25, 2017
Declaration of Result November 2, 2017