Studying away from home can be tasking yet extremely rewarding. Among choice study locations around the world, Canada is a top choice study destination for international students who want to advance their career by studying at top universities in the country. Due to the great importance placed upon learning within the country, Canadian schools have very high academic standards and are well-organized first-rate education system across all provinces. Qualifications earned in Canada are valued internationally, and graduates of institutes of higher education in Canada go on to make great contributions to society. this article enumerate How to Apply For Admission into Canadian Universities As International Students.
However , There are few things you must note before you begin the application process. There are so many reasons and advantages of studying in Canada and if you’re confused on where to study, wonder no more. The advantages of studying in Canada far outweigh any disadvantage you may think of.
Technical Institutes and Colleges in Canada
There are over 170 technical institutes and community colleges located in Canada. These educational institutions focus on offering certificates, diplomas, and attestation programs, the completion of which earns graduates a diploma, degree or applied degree. Class sizes are usually smaller than those at universities.
Technical institutes and community colleges in Canada provide education through professional programs ranging from one to three years in duration. These programs are career-oriented, meeting the needs of businesses, industries, adult education and secondary school graduates. Programs often change their curriculum according to the economic and social needs of the community. Many students choose to attend community college for two years before transferring to a four-year university.
Meanwhile, we’ve briefly summarised them into four points:
- Application Documents Needed
You need various documents to apply for admission into Canadian universities. Please note that each Canadian university has its own required documents for international students, but here are the general application documents you need to prepare before you can be considered:
- A completed application form
- Graduation certificate/diploma
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof in the form of bank statements, receipts or certificates that you are capable to pay for your Tuition and Living expenses within your staying in Canada
- Two letters of attestation in the form of academic reference letter that attest the preparation for Master/PhD studies (including letters from employers)
Note: All translated documents should be notarized by a certified translator or letterhead stationery and the file should also contain the original versions of the documents
2. Research on, and chose your preferred course and institution of study
We Also Recommend:
- There are plenty of disciplines you can pick from to study in English in Canada.
- Make sure you are interested in the university you want to pick. Read and learn about the university via their official website before you conclude on your choice.
- Apply online: Apply directly on the website of your chosen university and submit all required documents as stated by the institution.
- Final steps after receiving your acceptance letter
Kindly consider these things after receiving your acceptance letter from the school:
- You must make sure you have your health insurance; the coverage of your health insurance varies depending on the province you live in.
- You must officially enrol in the university after arriving in Canada before classes start.
You can proceed by applying for a student visa, which is locally known as a student permit as soon as you receive the acceptance letter from the university.
For details on how to obtain your student permit, click here