Applications are currently available for the Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Applicants in USA, and applications is on going till Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017 by 7 pm EDT/4 pm
This program is open to applicants of any nationality who have earned (or will have earned) their doctoral degrees on or after January 1, 2011, in astronomy, physics, or related disciplines.The fellowships are tenable at U.S. host institutions of the fellows’ choice, subject to a maximum of one new fellow per host institution per year (see note on host institutions below).The duration of the fellowship is up to three years: an initial one-year appointment and two annual renewals contingent on satisfactory performance and availability of NASA funds.
Level: Postdoctoral Degree
Field(s): The fellowship is awarded for the scientific and technical goals of NASA’s Exoplanet Exploration Program, namely the discovery and characterization of planetary systems and Earth-like planets around nearby stars, while at the same time broadening the research community that is actively involved in developing and applying these research techniques and technologies.
School(Institutions/ Country): U.S. host institutions | USA
Scholarship covers: The fellowship will cover health care costs for your spouse (and any children) up to the amount available per year, but must be written into the contract. The stipend should be increased by $1000 each year.
To avail Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible applicants are those who have received a PhD in astronomy, space physics, or related disciplines within the last 3 years.
- Also eligible are current PhD students who will have fulfilled all requirements to receive a PhD before the start of the funding period, typically the beginning of September. -The applicant must propose to conduct research at a university or research institution in the United States with an established program in the field of the proposed research.
- An established program shall be defined as at least one faculty member who is engaged in the proposed field through dedicated facilities or instruments, collaborations with existing projects or projects under development or a record of significant contributions to the field.
- The intent of this requirement is to guarantee the student a rich and stimulating environment rather than restricting the field of eligible institutions.
- ‣Eligible applications must include a letter of endorsement from the proposed institution.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on
Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017 by 7 pm EDT/4 pm PDT/2300 UTCLetters of Reference are due Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website