Applications are currently ongoing at the Trent University for the J. Bata Memorial Scholarships in Canada, 2018 The Scholarship was designed to honour Thomas J. Bata (1914-2008). The scholarship will recognize Mr. Bata’s service and dedication to Trent University. Mr. Bata was one of Trent`s original honorary sponsors, a member of Trent’s Board of Governors between 1963 – 1973 and a close friend of Founding President Prof. T. H. B. Symons.
Trent University is a public liberal arts and science-oriented university located in Peterborough, Ontario. Close to 6,800 undergraduate students and nearly 500 graduate students are enrolled.
Scholarships Number and Award:
This $5,000 scholarship is intended to support a student that demonstrates leadership qualities such as innovation, entrepreneurship, community responsibility and global citizenship.
Education Level & Subject:
Masters and Phd program offered by the University.
1. Must not be holding any other major scholarship.
2. Open to all domestic or international full-time graduate student (M.A., MSc., Ph.D.) with an admission GPA of A- and have continued to achieve academic excellence during graduate studies at Trent University. Students may be in any year of any graduate program.
– Curriculum vitae
– Transcripts – unofficial accepted
– A statement of research (maximum two pages)
– A brief non-technical summary (maximum of 400 words)
– A statement of leadership (maximum two pages) describing the activities and contributions of the applicant which aligns with the values and legacy of Thomas J. Bata.
– One confidential letter of reference from a member of the community addressing leadership activities, extracurricular interactions and collaborations, and character.
How to Apply:
2 October 2017