The University of Dundee is offering three fully funded postgraduate scholarships leading to the LLM in Mineral Law and Policy. This offer is for the academic session 2018/2019 which covers September 2018 and January 2019 entrants.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to citizens of Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Indonesia, India, Namibia, Peru, Kazakhstan, Laos, Serbia, Zambia.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in mining in the government, private sector, or academia
- Be a national and resident of the following countries at the time of applying for the award, and go on to complete the degree within 12 months and return to their home country at the end of the period of study: Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Indonesia, India, Namibia, Peru, Kazakhstan, Laos, Serbia, Zambia.
Method of Application: Please note that there is no separate application form for the Rio Tinto plc Scholarship. Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy programme should provide a 250-word Personal Statement sent by email.
Scholarship Application Deadline: June 22, 2018