A Coventry University Sports Scholarship could give you cash and support towards your sporting goals. This scheme offers you a support network enabling you to balance the demands of performance sport and academic study, helping you to achieve the highest level of success in both areas.
Recent successes for Coventry University students and alumni:
- Rio 2016 Olympic High Jumper
- GB Boxing squad member 2017/18
- British Judo squad members including senior and junior gold medalists in 2016 & 2017
- Double Paralympic Wheelchair Racing Champion, Triple World Champion and Double European Champion
- England Universities Student Rugby League World Cup Squad Member 2017
- England U20 Women’s Rugby Union Internationals 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18
- GB Men’s Ice Hockey Player 2016
- British University Men’s Karate (Kumite) Champions 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- British University (BUCS) Indoor Cricket Champions 2015
- Individual British Universities Golds in Boxing, Athletics, Archery, Karate and Judo
- English Senior Weightlifting Champion and Commonwealth Games Athlete 2014
- 2012 London Olympics Race Walker
Our sports scholarships, worth up to £3000, provide both financial support and a tailored range of support services including pre-season screening, physiotherapy, sports psychology, sports nutrition, strength and conditioning, performance analysis, mentoring, performance workshops and flexible study.
To be considered for one of these scholarships you must be competing in a sport which is recognised by Sport England, but you may be an undergraduate or a postgraduate, from the UK, the EU or overseas, and studying in any year of your course.
For more information, contact Tom Shakespeare on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)24 7679 5979.
Application deadline 31 August 2018
Jamal Petgrave (GB Judo)
BA (Hons) Sports Management,
British Senior Champion,
Berlin Junior European Cup Gold and
Junior European Bronze 2017.
Being a GB athlete I knew it was going to be a challenge to balance both my academic and sporting commitments. However, the support I have received from the sports scholarship has allowed me to maximise my efforts in all areas particularly through flexible study and lifestyle support opportunities.