GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
- Qualified Accountant , 7-10 years’ experience in Finance or accounting-related function
- Past experience within a Finance Shared Service function
- Membership of professional bodies, ACA, ACCA, CITN
- Strong ERP exposure
- Proactive , self motivated and capable of working in a complex and challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Proven ability to create commercial analyses and translate findings into strategic recommendations
- Experience within FMCG environment
- Strong leadership & influencing skills
- Ability to handle sensitivity/ confidentiality levels appropriately
- Analytical mind
- Customer focus and sense of urgency
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement
- Internal controls & risk management appreciation
- Understanding of GSK systems and processes as they affect financial results and forecasts (JDE, Future View etc.)
JOB SCOPE: Includes (P2P , O2C , R2R and Treasury)
- To plan, direct and coordinate finance services functions of GSK entities covering treasury management, inventory management, account receivables, accounts payable, fixed assets management, payroll and financial reporting.
- To ensure adequate financial and management controls are in place to support the GSK entities in Nigeria.
- Support the commercial ambition of the business via cross functional engagement to drive business growth, profitability and create value for stakeholders
- Manage regulatory agencies – FIRS, SIRS, SEC, NSE and other affiliate agencies
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support the commercial risk management process by identifying and reviewing potential finance risk exposures and making recommendations to minimise cost or damage should a loss occur
- Interface with GMS finance team to achieve financial and management reporting
Financial Reporting & Compliance
- To develop, short, medium and long term strategic plans for financial reporting and drive compliance to achieve
- Provision of accurate and complete monthly financial statements and other management reports in line with GSK defined guidelines and stipulations of IFRS
- Support the production of the quarterly financial statements for presentation to the Board of Directors and publication in line with guidelines of SEC, NSE and Financial Reporting Council Nigeria
- Conduct periodic audits
- Provision of advisory services to the business on matters of corporate governance, corporate financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Effective management of tax compliance with the laws of the federation Nigeria governing tax administration and payments
- Development of policies and SOPs to support proper running of the business and safeguard assets of the companies
- Proper accounting and management of the fixed assets of the GSK entities to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Ensure adequacy and correctness of management responses to management control reports issued by external auditors from time to time
- Proper control over bank reconciliations and governance
- Review of financial statement and disclosures
- Manage working capital to support business growth and expansion objectives as may be set from time to time.
- To ensure good governance and compliance with financial treasury requirement of the group
- To ensure the banking relationship are maintained and well managed
- Explore opportunities to invest surplus cash and obtain cash requirements at lowest cost possible
Inventory & Fixed Asset Management
- Management IPT reporting
- Stock taking and reporting
- Ensure compliance with policies and improve the control environment on a continuous basis
- Drive compliance with credit control policy and reduce incidence of bad debt and expensive debt administration costs
- Ensure internal check of payroll input is adequate to guarantee completeness and data integrity
- Ensure sales are recorded correctly
- Ensure timely payment of vendor and intercompany obligations.
- Develop integrity of payment process to ensure error proof payment system is in place.
- Finance risk identification, assessment, & evaluation.
- Tracking & reporting of identified risk in line with Group policies management recommendations and
- Effective management of insurance portfolio of GSK entities and relationships with Insurance brokers
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation
Leadership and People Management
- Manage a team of 14 direct reports
- Identifying development needs during performance reviews
- Recruitment of right mix of staff
- Constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Coaching and mentoring as required