Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
VSO Nigeria is seeking a dynamic, experienced, and competent Head of Programmes to guide the overall Country Programme strategy and implementation of related activities within the country Programme. The position manages the development, implementation and successful delivery of VSO’s programmes within the agreed Country Strategy; manages programme teams and partnerships to maximise VSO’s impact in reducing poverty. The role will report to the Country Director and will be located in Abuja, Nigeria (with frequent travel to project locations). The post will have line management responsibility of programme teams.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Expert in programming and fundraising
- Good experience in leading on programme design and management as well as resource mobilization.
- Good experience in ensuring donor reporting requirements, including financial reports, are met.
- A holder of Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences or related fields.
- A Minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- Good understanding of development challenges and working norms in Nigeria