MonuRent Equipment & Service Solutions is the leading heavy equipment solutions and services provider located right across Africa.
We have enormous depth of experience, capabilities and resources to provide our clients with integrated equipment and service solutions.
Our history and pioneering spirit continues to lay a strong foundation for our future as one of the industry’s leading providers.
We are recruiting to fill this position.
To join us, click apply.
- Preparation of bank and petty cash payment vouchers.
- Bookings of Bank and Cash transactions into the correct general ledger accounts with the correct projects codes and asset ID’s.
- Perform weekly and monthly cash and bank reconciliations with the Financial Accountant.
- Maintaining of Fixed Assets register and capturing of costs to the relevant assets.
- Support Duties:
- Support the accounts receivable team with update on cash and withholding tax receipts from customers and then allocation of such payments into the relevant accounts and general ledgers.
- Support the Financial Accountant with the invoice bookings and monthly reconciliations.
- Provide assistance to the financial controller during statutory audits.
- Support in the filling of all statutory payments such as custom duties, clearing and port charges, payroll taxes and deductions, corporate taxes and others.
- Month End closing activities and balance reconciliations for cash and bank.
- Degree or relevant qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business and Statistics discipline
- 0 – 2 years’ work experience in finance/account environment; experience from an audit or tax firm would be an advantage.
- The person should be willing to work long hours and weekends when required.
- Ability to travel across Nigeria to all project site on a regular basis when required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced computer literacy, including skills in Microsoft Office (in particular Excel).
- Self-motivated to achieve established and agreed goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills – capable of working with staff at all levels both within and outside the organization and provide prompt responses and status updates on the progress towards assigned tasks
- Strong written and oral skills in English.
- A high level of commercial awareness and the ability to understand how equipment rental business works