Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa.
With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers.
The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G services, fixed line, high-speed broadband through DSL, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers.
At Airtel, we look for passionate and energetic individuals, who are ready to push themselves in order to help us reach our goal.
Do you want to work in a fast paced dynamic and challenging environment?
Are you multi-tasking enough to meet every target given to you?
If your answers have all been YES, then Airtel is the place for you!
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by!!
- To direct and oversee the increase of the width and depth of distribution, which would translate into acquisitions and revenues and increase channel satisfaction levels
- To develop excellence in distribution through effective market planning and ensuring the product availability within the consumer reach and gaining market share from the competition
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement Distribution Design & Structure –
- Distribution resources mapping and optimization of the distribution assets created.
- Set up a structured channel partner entry into the system with a system of evaluation and review
- Optimize channel partners’ returns in terms of ROI and ensure mutually healthy return) –
- Review current channel structure and stretch the Naira spent on the channel, wherever required
- Validate channel partner schemes & payouts to ensure accurate and efficient administration
- Ensure trade partner training on new initiatives (products, incentives and processes)
Direct Analytics and Performance Monitoring( Reporting) –
- Ensure quality process and Monitor Distribution led Management Information Systems and benchmarks
- Provide Summarized Analysis to aid Executive Management in Commercial & Strategic decisions
- Use analysis to improve geographical spread and Brand presence
- Evaluate Information to facilitate review and action plan at the zonal, district, town level
Drive the improvement of channel satisfaction levels –
- Rollout channel satisfaction study/survey and oversee the implementation of corrective action plan
- Interpret results and conceptualize products campaign to bridge gaps and stimulate channel growth and satisfaction
- Ensure consistency and standardization of delivery documentation –
- Oversee the Development of Channel operating manuals and standards definition
- Ensure and monitor compliance to applicable guidelines
- Ensure the standardization of processes
Network Utilization –
- Drive and Plan new town launches
- Develop strategies to Improve utilization of low utilized sites
Alternate Distribution –
- Define parameters for Alternate channels’ partner selection
- Collaboration with selected partners for roll out of new societies, increasing profitability and driving gross adds & revenue
- Coordinate Trade partner management processes –
- Define SLA’s for internal processes, monitor achievement of defined SLA objectives to ensure an effective and seamless interface to all touch points
- Build a capable and motivated Distribution team to create a high performance team environment –
- Recruit the right talent in consultation with function head, as per defined recruitment guidelines
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching
- Establish performance expectations and regular individual performance reviews
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition (e.g. implement Sales Incentive structure)
- Develop other Products Route to Market –
Relevant Skill and Experience
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) would be preferred additional qualification
- 6 Years of Experience in Sales, Dealer network, Channel management in reputable organizations preferably in the FMCG industry
- At least 3 years in a senior management role
- Experience in Telecoms would be an added advantage
- Role requires extensive travel
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead cross functional teams
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Sensitive to understand customer expectations
- High level of planning & execution capabilities
- Understand financial tools and indices
- Process orientation