The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) is inviting applications from high school senior and Undergraduates for”Shawn Carter Scholarship”.
The mission of the Shawn Carter Foundation is to help individuals facing socio-economic hardships further their education at post-secondary institutions.Each qualify students will get individual grants that can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR.
The Shawn Carter Foundation was established in 2003 as a 501c3 public charity (“Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund”) by Shawn Carter and his mother, Gloria Carter. Since the Foundation’s inception, over $4MM have supported initiatives to empower youth and communities in need through the Foundation’s signature scholarship fund, annual college tours, study abroad experiences, counseling initiatives, and giveback programs.
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. By removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the SCSF plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet underserved youth and young adults.
The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
What You Need To Know About This Shawn Carter Scholarship
The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living. All Shawn Carter Scholars are required to “give back” by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship program is open to all high school seniors and undergraduate college students who are 25 years old or younger at the time of application.
The scholarship is to be taken in USA
The scholarship is open to US citizen ONLY
- The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
- The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel, and select costs of living.
WHO ARE SHAWN CARTER SCHOLARS?
SCSF attracts candidates from all backgrounds, nation-wide. They all have a compelling desire to pursue higher education, in spite of many personal, socio-economic setbacks, including teen pregnancy, former incarceration, interrupted schooling, poverty, and homelessness. They are hardworking, resilient and determined individuals who want to make positive contributions to their local and global communities, and they turn to the SCSF to make their ambitions and dreams possible.
A recent snapshot of the 2014-15 Shawn Carter Scholars and 2014 applicants seeking support from SCSF reveals the following:
Eligibility for The Shawn Carter Scholarship :
- All high school seniors, students with GED diplomas, undergraduate (2 years or 4 years) college students, and students at vocational or trade schools who meet the requirements below are eligible.
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident
- Must be a 25 years old or younger
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA
How to Apply For The Shawn Carter Scholarship :
To apply, the applicant can create new account to submit online application through the given link: https://shawncarterscholarship.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx#4371597136646D517975544F5976596D4E73384E69673D3D
Supporting Documents for The Shawn Carter Scholarship :
- Tell about yourself and use specific details when sharing your extracurricular activities. They do not know anything about you until you share it with them. Specific details can help them understand how great you are. The same can be said about your essay. They don’t expect the essay to run too long but make sure your essay helps us learn more about you and your perspectives.
- The photo is optional. If you decide to provide a photo, send a headshot from the shoulders up similar to an ID card.
Shawn Carter Scholarship Application Deadline:
The applications begin on April 1st and will be close on April 30, 2017 (11:59 PM EST). Incomplete and late applications are not eligible.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, direct your inquiry to scsfapplicant-at-shawncartersf.com.