The University of Wollongong is offering Summer Research Scholarships for undergraduate students. Summer Research Projects are available in the Schools of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Earth and Environmental Sciences.
The University of Wollongong, informally known as Wollongong University, is an Australian public research university located in the coastal city of Wollongong, New South Wales, approximately 80 kilometres south of Sydney.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the research programme. research
Study Subject: Projects are available in the Schools of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Earth and Environmental Sciences.
2017-2018 Research Projects Listing
- Project 1: Developing Tools for Single-Molecule Imaging
- Project 2: Behaviour and Physiology of Arid-Zone Fauna in Response to Pesticide Applications
- Project 3: Deep Ocean Heat Content over the Past 2000 Years and its Role in Regulating Global Temperatures
- Project 4: Synthesis of Cephalosporin-3’-Diazenium Diolates as Biofilm Dispersing Antibiotics for Chronic Infections
- Project 5: Air, Land and Sea: How Do Natural Vegetation and Ocean Organisms Influence Australian Air Quality?
- Project 6: Forensic entomology meets ‘The Body Farm’: studies on insects in human and animal remains
- Project 7: Reconstructing the 1939-1940 Extreme El Niño Event
- Project 8: Measuring Like a Model: Getting the Right Atmosphere
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- An 8-week full-time research project commencing 27 November 2017and finishing 2 February 2018. There will be a two-week break over the Christmas period from 21 December to 8 January.
- Free accommodation for the duration of the Scholarship (8 weeks). You will be located in modern, vibrant campus facilities centrally located in the heart of the seaside city of Wollongong.
- Return economy class airfares (or equivalent travel) to a maximum value of $500 plus an optional second airfare home for the Christmas break.
- $300 stipend per week for the duration of the Scholarship (8 weeks).
- Supervision by internationally renowned researchers in high-quality research facilities.
- Participation in exciting research projects designed to solve complex, real-world problems.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: All applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Currently enrolled full-time at an Australian or New Zealand university (UOW students are not eligible to apply for this program).
- Currently studying a relevant undergraduate degree at second-year level or beyond, or a relevant honours degree (first-year students are not eligible to apply).
- Interested in future studies towards honours or higher research degrees.
Nationality: Australian or New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be currently studying a relevant undergraduate degree at second-year level or beyond, or a relevant honours degree.
How to Apply:
- Select 2 research projects in order of preference from the 2017-2018 Research Project Listing.
- Complete the online application form.
- Attach your CV and current academic transcript.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply is September 10, 2017.